Filton Avenue Primary School opened in September 2015, formed from the merger of Filton Avenue Infant and Junior Schools. We are based on two sites, Lockleaze Road and Orchard Campus.
There has been a school on Lockleaze Road since 1931. Orchard Campus opened its doors in September 2012 in response to the need for more local primary school places. We have a total of four classes in each year group, three at Lockleaze Road and one at Orchard Campus.
Filton Avenue Primary School is a safe, secure and aspirational learning environment, where children are encouraged to achieve highly, and feel valued and happy. In partnership with our families and the community, we ensure all pupils:
- receive an excellent education, enabling them to achieve to the best of their ability;
- are happy, healthy, confident, independent and motivated learners;
- have a strong foundation of values to use to make informed choices, both now and in the future, in their local community and beyond;
- Are immersed in a stimulating learning environment, which develops a life-long love of learning.
Our inclusive values, which are shared with the whole school community, will enable us to achieve our vision for an outstanding education for all and celebrate our diverse community.
- Collaboration - we help and support each other, through partnership, teamwork and friendship.
- Aspiration - we try to be the best we can, aiming for excellence, innovation and creativity.
- Respect - we care for everyone and our environment, with relationships built on trust and kindness.
- Endeavour - we focus on our learning, displaying resilience and perseverance.